If You Want To See My Eyes Red Call Me Matthew, says Obasanjo

Former president olusegun obasanjo says he has dropped Mathew from his names Even though it was given to him by his parents..

Speaking at an event which the Nigeria society of engineer NSE organised in his honor,obasanjo explained that he jettisoned the name because of the Biblical character,Mathew,whom he was named after, was a tax collector.

"When I was born my father and mother decided to name me Mathew,I grew up being called and addressed as Mathew .What is the meaning of Mathew in the Bible?He was a tax collector," he said.

"So, when I grew up,I dropped Mathew from my name .if anyone does not want to see my eyes red,no one should called me Mathew again ,people ask what is in a name  ?for me,there is much in a name , obasanjo said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRSC returns recovered N2m to crash victim’s mum

Police arrest Lagos most notorious cultist

Blac Chyna showoff curves as she takes the plunge in brilliant gold swimsuit photos